Tuesday, 21 February, 2012 23:55 Written by madridtomongolia
Courtesy: Youtube and BBC
Wednesday, 11 January, 2012 01:32 Written by madridtomongolia
Here are some interesting facts about our destination
* Mongolia stands an average of 5,800 feet above sea level!.
* Mongolians spell Ulan Bator – ‘Ulaan Baatar,’ which means ‘Red Hero.’
* Ulan Bator is the coldest capital city in the world!
* You could fit the Netherlands into Mongolia thirty-seven times!
* BUT you can fit Mongolian roads into the Dutch road system sixty-seven times!
* Genghis Khan is just a title. His real name was Temujin.
* Genghis Khan could not read or write, but he commissioned the first Mongolian writing system – the Mongolian script.
* If you count carefully, you will notice slightly more horses than people.
* The two-humped camel comes from Mongolia and survives temperatures from minus to plus fifty degrees Celsius!
Monday, 26 December, 2011 18:09 Written by madridtomongolia
Yeah.. we have setup our JustGiving Page and also accepting donations through Paypal. All the donations will go towards charity in Mongolia. We will keep you posted on the exact partner charities soon.
Saturday, 29 October, 2011 18:24 Written by jonathan